Skip to content
Natural Gas Glossary
Call Before You Dig
In Case of Emergency
In Case of an Electrical Emergency
In Case of a Natural Gas Emergency
Electricity & Natural Gas FAQ
66273 Adult Home Natural Gas Safety
Home Natural Gas Safety Inspection
When it comes to natural gas, how safe is your home?
Print this checklist
and do this inspection to find out.
1. Small children play in areas away from the natural gas range and all natural gas appliances.
2. Clutter and flammable objects are stored away from the natural gas water heater and furnace.
3. Laundry is hung on a clothesline or rack to dry, not on gas or water pipes.
4. The flame on your natural gas range is steady and blue.
5. The natural gas oven or gas range is used only for cooking, not to heat the room or dry clothes.
6. Natural gas appliances are installed and serviced by qualified repair people.
7. Carbon monoxide alarms are installed and used per manufacturer's instructions.
8. The chimney flue and all appliance vents are kept clean and in good repair.
9. Papers, clothing, curtains, and flammable liquids are kept away from open flames.
10. There is at least one multipurpose fire extinguisher in your home, preferably in the kitchen.
Page load link
Go to Top